We service all Space Electronics instruments. We also service mass properties instruments manufactured by RSI (Research Support Instruments), MRC, or MRC Chamberlain (Airdyne, Mark, PMK series, etc.).
We offer both repair services and annual maintenance, inspection, and calibration services. For older instruments which need replacement of obsolete parts, we also offer upgrades and refurbishments.
Annual Maintenance Program
Annual maintenance performed by Space Electronics highly trained technicians is vital toward maintaining optimum performance and providing a long-term guarantee that your mass properties measurement system will remain economical and efficient. During the planned annual visit, our qualified service technician will thoroughly inspect your mass properties instrument. Minor repairs and adjustments are made as needed. NIST traceable calibration is performed, and the system is fully tested and compared to the original factory benchmarks.
- Recertification of Calibration Hardware – We begin by validating your calibration hardware. In order to assure consistently accurate results, system calibration weights and distances require periodic recertification. Each system model type has a recommended prescribed recertification period. When your calibration hardware is due for factory recertification, we will automatically notify you. Simply ship your calibration system to us, and our quality assurance department will perform traceable recertification using NIST primary standards.
- Annual Service Visit – Once the calibration hardware is verified, our qualified service technician will travel to your facility to thoroughly inspect your mass properties instrument. Minor repairs and adjustments are made as needed. NIST traceable calibration is performed, and the system is fully tested and compared to the original factory benchmarks.In addition to the above, the following services are provided as part of the annual maintenance program:
- Extended Warranty – For all new systems purchased with an annual maintenance program, our standard one-year limited warranty is extended from 12 months to 24 months.
- Annual Refresher Training – During the annual visit, our qualified field technician will conduct refresher training covering theory and operation of the mass properties instrument. We make suggestions for improvement on the use of your equipment as well as common pitfalls to avoid.
- Test Procedures – We work with the system operators and engineers to gain a better understanding of your application so that we can custom tailor your test procedures to take full advantage of the instrument accuracy. For our computer automated systems, we optimize the measurement functions to fit your application using built-in software adjustments.
- Software Updates – During the annual visit, our technician will install any software updates that are available for your system. Operator training will be provided as required.
- Discounted Service for Repairs – In the event your system requires repairs that are outside the scope of normal system maintenance, you receive a 10% discount on all repair labor and materials. In addition, rapid-response is provided without a premium charge.
- Automatic Scheduling – Ensure your equipment remains in its calibration cycle with automatic service scheduling. Simply inform us of the date that best fits your schedule, and we will contact you each year as your preferred service date approaches to schedule the maintenance service visit.
Service Report – Upon completion of the annual maintenance service, a detailed report is provided certifying your measurement system.
At five-year intervals, we will provide a serviceability report identifying any items that are in danger of failure or obsolescence. At this time, we would make recommendations regarding upgrades and component replacement.
Discounted pricing is available for purchases with new machines as well as for installations with multiple machines.