– Calibration is accomplished through the use of a set of precision reference standards (proving rings and a quarts force gauge) and force moment arms, which can be installed on the output drive of the transducer.
– Temperature correction algorithms for the reference standards and the length of the force arms have been incorporated into the Model 3695 control console software.
– No calculations or corrections are required during the calibration process.
– Generation and control of the torque applied to the transducer being calibrated is accomplished by a combination of a stepper motor, reduction belts, a ball screw actuator and force arm that is directly coupled to the transducer’s input drive.
– The operator via a hand held variable potentiometer controls the direction and speed of the drive mechanism.
– Calibrates Model 3695’s- 50, 500, and 5,000 ft-lb transducers.
– When calibrating the 20,000 ft-lb transducer, hand crank and loader assemblies are used to manually apply the input torque.
– The transfer standard consists of a rigid steel structural frame, force generator and a test bench, permitting the fixtures required for mounting the proving rings and force gauge.
– The test bench also contains provisions for mounting the Model 3695’s control console during the calibration process.
– A power supply module provides the power necessary to operate the drive mechanism and the Model 3695’s control console during the calibration process.
Ambient Temperature Range:
Operating Temperature: +10°C to 40°C
Non-Operating Temperature: -40°C to 75°C
Humidity (operating): 85% RH (maximum), 10°C to 40°C
Voltage: 115 Volts AC, 50/60 Hz
Current Drain (maximum): 5.0 Amperes
Fuse: Main Power Circuits: 3AG, 2 Amperes
Stepper Motor: 3AG, 7 Amperes
Quarts Gauge: Range 0 to 25 lbs., Accuracy ±0.03% I.V. or 0.001 lb. (whichever is greater)
500 lb. Proving Ring: Range 50 to 500 lbs., Accuracy ±0.125% lb. (maximum)
5,000 lb. Proving Ring: 500 to 5,000 lbs., Accuracy ±0.625 lb. (maximum)
Dimensions & Weight:
55.5”L x 25”D x 36”H